ROF Newport was World War II Royal Ordnance Factory that produced guns. Building started on a former allotment site off Corporation Road, Newport in April 1940.
On 7 November 1940 the Factory was officially opened by Sir Charles Northrup McLaren, the Director General of Ordnance Factories. The first gun was manufactured in January 1941.
By December 1943 10,000 guns had been made, including 6314 two-pounder anti-tank guns and 3686 Bofors anti-aircraft guns, as well as shell cases and spare parts, gun-barrels and couplings.
By December 1944, the number of guns produced rose to 12,132. The maximum monthly output of the Factory was 722 guns in January 1943.